The magic begins here...

Crochet as Therapy





My sister regularly checks up on me always

She sends me cute short messages - "You ok?" as often as she can

Last 2 days I sent her a snapshot of my WIP and captioned "Brain Meditation"

She replied : Crocheting ❤️❤️
I dunno. I just had a feeling that I wanted to pick up my yarn and hooks again.
Crochet is a hands on meditation - for those of us with ADHD who can sometimes have trouble focusing, sitting and quieting our mind, crochet provides all the benefits of meditation in a way that's both accessible and productive.
Kathryn Vercillo wrote a book called Crochet Saved My Life: The Mental and Physical Health Benefits of Crochet, in which she shared her story of how crochet helped her survive crushing depression. In addition, she interviews other women who detail how crochet helps them manage stress, anxiety, OCD, addiction, PTSD, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, dementia and chronic pain.
Crochet Benefits. Crochet as Therapy
Crochet obviously cannot replace the advice of a health professional but did you know that it's recognized as one of the scientifically proven ways to reduce stress?
I cant tell you how many times I noticed my breathing becomes slower and more calm as I weave my yarn.
I only crochet blankets so far. This one grew bigger to cover my lap, just in time for the rainy season here in Rantau

Hugs ♥️🙌🫶🏻🌸

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment